Are you searching for an ideal vacation to share with your family, significant other, or friends? Would you like to try something a little different? Spend a week sailing and playing aboard the catamaran Ubuntu in the Bahamas!
Explore islands with beautiful soft white sand beaches . . . enjoy a fun workout on a paddle board . . . or snorkel at beautiful coral reefs filled with colorful sea life. You will be dazzled by the colors of Bahamian waters, the other-world scenery of the reefs, and the graceful movements of rays and turtles.
Meander through picturesque villages and get a taste of island time. Or hang out on the boat, read a great book and doze off to the gentle rocking of your island home on the water.
You can take a turn at the helm as we travel from island to island. Watch the sun set as you savor creative cuisine in the cockpit or salon. There’s something magical about sitting on deck under a sky filled with stars to end your day. Experience life on the water in the Abacos. You will not be disappointed!
A fully catered, all-inclusive adventure. A small group size (3 - 4) guarantees you a very personal, enriching experience. You get to focus on relaxing and socializing and we will ensure you see and experience the best of the Bahamas! We offer guidance with snorkeling, underwater photography and island excursions. We prepare all meals inclusive of evening cocktails and wine with dinner. Each cabin has a double berth, which is shared.
$280 per person per night
5 nights – $1400 per person
6 nights – $1680 per person
7 nights – $1960 per person
We offer a reduced rate if you want to participate and be part of the crew. We provide the food provisions and you prepare all meals and help keep the boat ship-shape. Alcohol is not included (we can purchase it for you at cost prior to departure). Each cabin accommodates 2 adults sharing a double berth. There are 2 berths in our covered cockpit as well as two on the nets forward, under the stars.
$220 per person per night (5 - 6 people)
5 nights = $1100 per person
6 nights = $1320 per person
7 nights = $1540 per person
If you want an alternate length, or have questions, please contact us.
A 15% rate increase from December 20 - January 10 applies.
What Is Included
Provisioning is based on your feedback in the Ubuntu Preference Form and email communications. We include a selection of the freshest fruits and vegetables along with choice fish, cheese and meat (if desired). Enjoy fresh, healthy, flavorful cuisine – you won’t be disappointed. We are pescatarians, and the majority of our charter guests have enjoyed eating this way with us. We can cater to most dietary needs – just ask! Water, juices and ice are included. We have menu ideas if you choose the crew member option. Whichever choice of retreat you choose, we recommend you have one or two meals ashore to experience the local flavors and ambiance.
You will have access to quality snorkeling gear, 2 paddle boards, and water noodles for your enjoyment. We ferry you via our tender from our anchorages to snorkeling sites and land. We will provide hands-on sailing experience to those interested. During winter and early spring, we recommend you bring or rent a shorty or full-length wetsuit. If you are an avid fisher, you may use our rod and reel. Bait and lures are available for purchase.
- In December, January and February, your charter will begin and end in Nassau, New Providence, in the central Bahamas.
- In March through mid-July your charter begins and ends in Marsh Harbour, Great Abaco, in the northern Bahamas.
- An optional Abaco airport is at Treasure Cay. We can pick you up and drop you off at Treasure Cay Marina for an additional $300 fee.
- Yacht, captain and 1st mate/chef are included.
- Cruising permits, fishing permits, fuel, provisions, water, juices, ice, and final night’s dockage are included.
- The 4% Bahamas charter guest tax is included.
- This is an active program so you should be in good physical condition and health.
- You should be comfortable swimming if you plan to snorkel (we do provide inflatable snorkeling vests along with snorkel gear).
- You will utilize a rigid swim ladder when getting back on the boat from in the water.
- You will be stepping in and out of the rigid floor tender from the boat and shore.
- For your safety, we cannot accept participants who weigh more than 300 lbs.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
INQUIRIES AND BOOKING: We will answer your questions within 24 hours unless unavailable due to lack of wifi connectivity while on a charter. You may also text/call our USA number 360.224.9202.
PAYMENT: We require a 50% deposit once dates are confirmed. Remember advance reservations guarantee your preferred dates. Full payment of the balance is due 60 days before your departure date. If reserving your trip less than 60 days prior to departure, we require that you pay in full.
CANCELLATION: Cancellations due to a hurricane or tropical storm will receive a full refund. All other cancellations are non-refundable unless there is sufficient time to rebook the dates for which the deposit was placed. A 10% booking and administration fee will apply. If there is uncertainty of any kind, trip insurance is a solution.
- David and Lori, I made 2 wonderful friends this week – through a glorious 7 days of sailing The Abacos. We couldn’t have had better hosts/captains through some of the most beautiful islands that I will surely come back to. Thank you SO MUCH for your graciousness, your hospitality, your friendship, your sharing of knowledge and your superb culinary skills! I’ll remember this trip forever. ~ Penny
- Merci beaucoup David et Ubuntu! Nous avons beaucoup apprécié notre séjour à bord ainsi que les mouillages auxquels nous sommes allés. Votre connaissance des îles et de ses canaux nous ont permis de tirer la quintessence de ce merveilleux plan d'eau. Quant à l'accueil, aux repas et au confort, vraiment, je ne trouve rien a redire! A bientôt j'espère. ~ Sabine
- If I have to go to sea (and I have to go to sea), then I can think of no finer company to have than the crew of Ubuntu, my friends and my shipmates for the rest of this crazy voyage of our lives. ~ Kert
Lighthouses, light blues and lovely views 🌴 . . . . . . . . #bahamas #charter #ocean #lighthouse #sea #paradise #view #horizon #island #pearlisland #nassau #travel #adventure #explore #snorkel #vacation #wanderlust #blue #saltlife #boatlife #dream #palmtree #beautiful #nature #sunny #summer #love #life #reef #snorkel
A post shared by Sail Ubuntu (@sailubuntu) on