If you have kids (living with you or on their own), we can give you ideas about how to make the cruising experience one they will enjoy sharing with you. After 7 years of cruising with kids, we can give you access to resources and schooling options. You can give them the gift of experiential learning and unforgettable memories.
You will be able to interact on a moment-to-moment basis with the boat and us while underway and at anchor, furthering your understanding and knowledge about how things work. Whether you already have a boat or are starting to look for one, we will do our best to provide specific ideas and solutions to your queries and concerns.
Be sure to bring a notepad to record what you learn. If you are planning to cruise with kids, bring them along to help alleviate any anxieties they may have about the unknowns. Having raised two preteens through age 18 aboard, we can address their specific questions.
Our aim is to give you a sample of the wonders and realities of the cruising lifestyle. We provide quality provisions and prepare half the meals; you will get galley experience and insights, too.
Two cabins, each with a double bed-size berth, are available for sleeping. Contact us about the size of your family, and we can discuss options. Some kids (and adults!) love to sleep under the stars on the forward nets, or on the sunbeds in our cockpit. For these options, bring a sleeping bag and inflatable mat.
Although you are in the tropics, the breeze in the evenings can cool you down, so it helps being prepared so you sleep comfortably.
A hands-on introduction to the cruising lifestyle. We offer you a very personal, enriching experience. You get to focus on the realities of life aboard and we will ensure you see and experience the best of the Bahamas! We offer guidance with snorkeling, underwater photography and island excursions as well as cruising tips. You will help prepare meals in the galley, and we will include an evening cocktail and wine with dinner. Each cabin accommodates 2 adults sharing a double berth. There are 2 berths in our covered cockpit as well as two on the nets forward, under the stars. If you have children, bring them along!
$280 per person per night
5 nights – $1400 per person
6 nights – $1680 per person
7 nights – $1960 per person
Contact us if you have a larger group or if you want an alternate length of charter.
There is a 15% rate increase from December 20 – January 10.
What Is Included
Provisioning is based on your feedback in the Ubuntu Preference Form and email communications. We include a selection of the freshest fruits and vegetables along with choice fish, cheese and meat (if desired). Enjoy fresh, healthy, flavorful cuisine – you won’t be disappointed. We are pescatarians, and the majority of our charter guests have enjoyed eating this way with us. We can cater to most dietary needs – just ask! Water, juices and ice are included. We have menu ideas if you choose the crew member option. Whichever choice of retreat you choose, we recommend you have one or two meals ashore to experience the local flavors and ambiance.
You will have access to quality snorkeling gear, 2 paddle boards, and a kayak for 2-3 for your enjoyment. We ferry you via our tender from our anchorages to snorkeling sites and land. During winter and early spring, we recommend you bring or rent a shorty or full-length wetsuit. If you are an avid fisher, you may use our rod and reel. Bait and lures are available for purchase.
- In December, January and February, your charter will begin and end in Nassau, New Providence, in the central Bahamas.
- In March through mid-July your charter begins and ends in Marsh Harbour, Great Abaco, in the northern Bahamas.
- An optional Abaco airport is at Treasure Cay. We can pick you up and drop you off at Treasure Cay Marina for an additional $300 fee.
- Yacht, captain and 1st mate/chef are included
- Cruising permits, fishing permits, fuel, provisions, water, juices, ice, and final night’s dockage are included
- The 4% Bahamas charter guest tax is included
- This is an active program so you should be in good physical condition and health.
- You should be comfortable swimming if you plan to snorkel (we do provide inflatable snorkeling vests along with snorkel gear).
- You will utilize a rigid swim ladder when getting back on the boat from in the water.
- You will be stepping in and out of the rigid floor tender from the boat and shore.
- For your safety, we cannot accept participants who weigh more than 300 lbs.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
INQUIRIES AND BOOKING: We will answer your questions within 24 hours unless unavailable due to lack of wifi connectivity while on a charter. You may also text our USA number if the information is time sensitive - 360.224.9202.
PAYMENT: We require a 50% deposit once dates are confirmed. Remember that advance reservations will guarantee your preferred dates. Full payment of the balance is due 60 days before your departure date. If reserving your trip less than 60 days prior to departure, we require that you pay in full.
CANCELLATION: Cancellations necessary due to hurricane/tropical storm threats will receive a full refund. All other cancellations are non-refundable unless there is sufficient time to rebook the dates for which the deposit was placed, less a 10% booking and administration fee. If there is uncertainty of any kind to complete your charter plans, trip insurance is a possible solution.
- With extensive sailing and cruising experience and knowledge about boats and boat maintenance, David and Lori have been an inspiration and great help to us. They gave us tons of information and advice about sailing, cruising and boats in general — from which anchor to choose to how to avoid running aground, and from homeschooling the kids to cooking aboard. ~ Mira